Monday, May 17, 2010

Frankensteins!

I recently had the opportunity to show my artwork at my friend Jenn's restaurant, Strange Matter as part of their DIYFest May1-3. It was very exciting to get exposure to more people than just my Facebook friends and Twitter followers that occasionally click on the link to the blog.

For the show, I wanted to create some new pieces that weren't part of the blog project. I thought that the "diary of my life" aspect of the work on here might not translate well to a public show. So I tried to think of what the hipsters at this vegan restaurant/bar/arcade would like to see. And I decided on this "Frankensteins Monster" idea that I've been tossing around since Fourth of July last year.

Not much else needs to be said about the pieces. The titles explain it all. Also, these pieces are the first ones featured on this blog that are for sale! $150 each. Maybe I'll even frame them if I really like you!



"Anne Frankenstein"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with Cotton and Lurex Embroidery
8"x10"

"Frank-Ben-Stein"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with Cotton and Lurex Embroidery
8"x10"

"Franc-enstein"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with Lurex Embroidery
8"x10"

"Lisa Frankenstein"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with Cotton
and Lurex Embroidery and Sequins
8"x10"

"James Franco-stein"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin
with Cotton and Lurex Embroidery
8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment