Thursday, May 27, 2010

15/52

On Friday I embarked on the most horrific road trip ever just to see Butch Walker and the Black Widows play in Towson, MD. At noon, Erin Meadows and I departed Richmond. At 1, we arrived in Fredericksburg where we got some food and met up with Stacey. And then we sat in traffic for 5HOURS STRAIGHT. It was horrible. The trip should have taken 2.5 hours, tops.

But we arrived in one piece. And we looked amazing, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately the venue smelled and looked disgusting and was populated with a bunch of seriously troubled individuals. The girls behind us piled up about 10 beer bottles at my feet instead of finding the nearest trash receptacle and the man next to us had an insane case of gas.

Fortunately, the bands were great. The opener, Locksley, looked like they couldn't be older than 17 but they were surprisingly awesome. And Butch rocked like no one else possibly could. He is seriously the best live performer I have ever seen in my life. I've been going to his shows for over 10 years now and he never ceases to amaze.


Like always, we were right up front and got great pictures. I love this one but I wished my camera could have captured the lighting a bit better. So I thought it would be perfect to use and try to give it more color.

I've been using sequins pretty frequently in my work and I've been wanting to do a piece that was done entirely in sequins. I may have gotten a little bit out of control with this one but I was just having so much fun! It looks ridiculous next to all of the other pieces hanging on my wall. But this project is all about trying out new techniques and learning as I go along, so I'm proud of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment