Thursday, May 6, 2010

12/52

This week features another piece with simple embroidery. My art show is tomorrow, y'all! So I've been super busy. Come out to Strange Matter (929 W. Grace St) to see my work. It will be up after 12pm tomorrow and will be up all weekend. I'll be there from 7-10pm Friday night and 11-1pm on Saturday.

This week's piece is based on a picture from a little birthday event we had at my house this weekend for my friend, Lauren. It was a really perfect day. Our whole group of friends made it out to hang for what feels like the first time in forever. Jenna, Matt, Jay, Lauren, Claire, Nicole, and I had an amazing time just sitting on the back porch drinking and talking. It felt like it was 2006 again and I was still in college and didn't have a care in the world. Seriously, a perfect day.

Claire found my bouncy crystal ball (from my Labyrinth costume a few years ago) and was having a great time playing with it all night. She would put the ball right up to her nose between her eyes and stare at it while she turned it. All of the glitter inside comes rushing right into your line of vision. It's pretty cool and hard to describe. I guess you had to be there. Anyway, Jenna posted this picture on Facebook on Tuesday and I knew it had to be this week's embroidery.


Don't her boobs look awesome?

I had a great time stitching this one and it's honestly one of my favorites out of the whole AYIS project. Maybe eventually I'll add more to it when I'm not frantically preparing for an art show.

"Planet Claire"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with Lurex Embroidery
8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment