Tuesday, August 31, 2010

26/52 and 27/52


Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA. Things have been crazy whilst planning for the big move to Savannah and I lost my camera for a while and was unable to document.

So I guess we're about 3 weeks behind, eh? That weekend was the Watermelon Festival in Carytown, where I live. The street is shut down, all the shops open up, and bands and vendors line the street. It's always sweltering hot and there's always a ton of watermelon. It's one of the biggest events in Richmond each year. This year, my friend Lacey happened to be in town for her sister's wedding shower and had time to make an appearance in Carytown. She moved to NYC after undergrad to design panties and I don't get to see her as much as I would like. This was the last chance I had to see her before I left for grad school so I thought it fitting to remember it in stitches.
Not exactly the most pleased with this. I feel like my face looks a bit funny. But it looks nice on the wall with all of the other pieces, so I'll keep it anyway.


This next piece is an image of Anthony's new dog, Bracket. There was a lot of drama surrounding this little guy. Anthony was on a waiting list at the SPCA for a pug or pug mix of some sort. He got a call two weeks ago saying that this little Pug/Cairn Terrier mix was available and then, unbeknownst to me and Nicole, he went and met the dog and put down a deposit. So Nicole and I freaked out a little bit about the immediacy of this new addition to the house and Anthony called the SPCA and told them he wouldn't be adopting him. But then Nicole met the dog and loved him and I caved while looking at his cute little pictures and told Anthony to get him anyway.
So this is the new dog, and he's just as adorable and cuddly as he is obnoxious and yappy. He's the perfect dog for Anthony (with the worst name ever. Blame Jenn Ward) and he is curled up at my feet chewing a bone right now.
This bone is way too big for his tiny little head but it's just too damn cute. I had to embroider it. Just a simple backstitch with a chain stitch border. I'm way too busy these days for anything fancy. But I think he is super adorable in this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment