Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1/52

One week down, 51 to go!! Last night, I finished the first piece in this yearlong series. The photographic inspiration was this picture I took of Aurora and I while we were snowed in last week. We were curled up on the couch and she was spooning me, which she never does. Usually she just sleeps on top of or between my feet. So I reached out my camera phone to document it and she opened her eyes groggily just as I snapped the picture.



Below is the final piece. I drew the image with pencil and Prismacolor markers on muslin. Then stitched a few hundred French knots (my favorite stitch!) to simulate snow in place of the couch. Dimensions are 8"x10"

Please don't hesitate to leave feedback in the comments!!

4 comments:

  1. i love it, mikey!!!! you are so talented! i am going to need to commission you for a piece to add to my collection in my studio at home. loooove you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm working on some french knot pieces too! Best stitch ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it, I knew it, I knew this would be a GOOD thing. I knew you'd do such cool pieces. And now you have a following so you'll be sure to keep going. Bravo! Love this pieces. Love French knots.

    ReplyDelete