Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An ambitious beginning...

I've been thinking about this for a while now. My friend Mim has convinced me that I need to go ahead and jump head-first into the year-long blog concept.

It all started with this picture I drew and embroidered last year:


This is a picture of me, my former roommate, Victoria, and my then boyfriend, Charles, on my 21st birthday. I don't remember this moment at all but the snapshot has lived on as one of my favorite of all time.

So, for the next year I will be posting a piece of embroidered artwork on this blog once a week. Each piece will be based on a snapshot or event from my life from the preceding week (although this piece is based on a shot from 3.5 years ago). Throughout each week I hope to post photos of my progress leading up to the final product. (Don't worry, I will use a better camera in the future. This shot was taken by camera phone) I think this will be a fun way to document this random year in my mid-twenties as well as a healthy encouragement to never stop creating the artwork that I love.

Wish me Luck!!!

Michael-Birch




2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture! I think this is a great idea, I wish you the very best of luck! =)
    -Amy Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luck luck luck luck, you don't need luck really, you've got the talent, the idea, and now all you need is perseverance! AND a better camera.

    ReplyDelete