Thursday, April 15, 2010

9/52

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to this week's post. I'm sorry. I've been very busy. I spent the weekend at the beach with my adorable (unpictured) boyfriend, Anthony, and my friends Jenna and Steph. When I got back, I had to finish up my grad school application for SCAD and finish this piece of embroidery.

We spent the weekend at my parents' beach house in Kill Devil Hills, NC. It is so beautiful down there, but the high temperature was in the 60s. Brrrrr. So this is a shot of Steph, Jenna, and I wearing sweaters on the beach and looking sexy for the automatic camera timer.


The finished piece isn't exactly one of my favorites (come on, I was drunk all weekend, cut me some slack) but I still like the way it turned out. The blue swirls in the background represent waves and the french knots at the bottom are obviously sand. Not too complicated.

But the weekend was amazing and I'm so glad we did it. And one of these days, I swear I'm going to work in a picture of my adorable boyfriend.

"Chilly Beach Day"
8" x 10"
Graphite and Marker on Muslin with cotton embroidery



No comments:

Post a Comment