Thursday, April 1, 2010

7/52

So this week, I decided to try something new. I felt like the blog was becoming too much of an update on my life and less about the art. And I don't want to get too far in withoutSo this week I took a picture of the new leaves budding on the tree in my backyard. This isn't just some weird artsy excuse to embroider a tree, I just get reeeeeally excited when I see new leaves. The same thing when the leaves start turning in the fall.


Embroidering the leaves and branches was really fun. Not following any strict pattern, just letting the image progress organically. And it's nice not to worry about the image looking like the person I know. I didn't want to get too far into the project and not be able to do anything but portraits for the sake of continuity.

I'm not really sure what the sequins signify. They just felt very airy and Spring-y, kinda like bubbles. I'm really happy with this piece.


1 comment:

  1. The sequins look like falling cherry blossom petals.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete