Thursday, March 25, 2010

6/52

Sorry for the late posting. I know that my millions of followers have just be DYING to see this week's piece.

Anyway, this week was my roommate, Nicole Priest's birthday and we celebrated with a whole week of festivities, dubbed PriestWeek2K10. We started on Wednesday at Babe's for karaoke, followed up with a raging dance party at our house on Friday, went back to Babe's for more dancing on Saturday, and did brunch at Strange Matter on Sunday.

This week's artwork is based on this shot of Nicole and her girlfriend, Shay.

This is the first week I've used a non camera phone picture as a reference. It's also the first time that I've embroidered the person in the photo and drawn the other elements. I like how it turned out. The images around Nicole's head are a pitcher of mimosas from brunch, a karaoke mic, a solo cup from the dance party, a Jagermeister shot from Babe's, a disposable camera (which we still haven't developed), and a boot (which I put on everytime "These Boots Were Made for Walking" plays at our parties).
"#priestweek2k10"
Prismacolor marker and cotton embroidery on muslin
8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment